Silhouette – an interplay of light and form, shade and shadow
Silhouette, a beautiful play between the light and the form. Nature contributes abound to such a play during the dawn and twilight with the mighty sun creating beautiful silhouettes.
Dramatic silhouettes are formed during the interplay of lights and performers too, many a time unbeknown to the performers themselves…
many a times, these interplay of the silhouette with their shadows and reflections leave an extraordinary impact
Still a few extraordinary create rivetting stories, for children and adults alike, using the interplay of silhouettes, puppetry
FOR many more oustanding SILHOUETTE collections from my captures…. visit my FLICKR stream on Silhouettes by clicking on any of the following images..
Silhouette, a play of light, shade and shadow, a set on Flickr.
It is one of our perennial problems, whether there is actually a God. From the Hindu point of view each soul is divine. All religions are branches of one big tree. It doesn’t matter what you call Him just as long as you call. Just as cinematic images appear to be real but are only combinations of light and shade, so is the universal variety a delusion. The planetary spheres, with their countless forms of life, are naught but figures in a cosmic motion picture. One’s values are profoundly changed when he is finally convinced that creation is only a vast motion picture and that not in, but beyond, lies his own ultimate reality.
George Harrison quotes
– Indus Art Gallery, Campus – Indus World School of Business, Greater Noida
Display / Collections
– At my Alma mater : Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
– Various schools of Indus World School chain
– Private collections
Recent Publications featuring my work and in Media [know more]
– The India Idea, Wisdom Tree publications for Ministry of External Affairs, Public diplomacy division, Aug 2011
– Penguin India, Top 5 “India through my Lens” 2011
– Femina Magazine, Anniversary issue, October 14, 2011
– Photographs featured with poetry in the book Hindustani Poems ‘Shayad, Yaheen kaheen se ho’ by Satya, April 27, 2012