No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.
~Edwin Hubbell Chapin
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh
Hundreds of dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
But only one mother the wide world over.
I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine – she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.
Who fed me from her gentle breast
And hushed me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
That best academy, a mother’s knee.
~James Russell Lowell
“My mother is a poem
I’ll never be able to write,
though everything I write
is a poem to my mother.
I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
“How beautifully everything is arranged by Nature; as soon as a child enters the world, it finds a mother ready to take care of it.
“Give me the life of the boy whose mother is nurse, seamstress, washerwoman, cook, teacher, angel, and saint, all in one, and whose father is guide, exemplar, and friend. No servants to come between. These are the boys who are born to the best fortune.
“God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers.
“All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.
“A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.
Forever My Mother
by Shelly Middleton
Beauty and Grace,
through her expressions of faith.
Comfort and tears,
she helps calm my fears.
Love and Life,
she’s always my guide.
There’ll never be another,
she’s forever my Mother.
– Recent : Large format dance photography exhibition at open spaces of India Habitat Centre, New Delhi (April 26 – May 05 2013)
– Coming : Large Format dance photography Exhibition at SPIC MACAY international convention, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
– Indus Art Gallery, Campus – Indus World School of Business, Greater Noida
Display / Collections
– At my Alma mater : Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
– Various schools of Indus World School chain
– Private collections
Recent Publications featuring my work and in Media [know more]
– Coffee table books of Parragonn publications on JAISALMER, Rajasthan and Golden Triangle 2013
– The India Idea, Wisdom Tree publications for Ministry of External Affairs, Public diplomacy division, Aug 2011
– Penguin India, Top 5 “India through my Lens” 2011
– Femina Magazine, Anniversary issue, October 14, 2011
– Photographs featured with poetry in the book Hindustani Poems ‘Shayad, Yaheen kaheen se ho’ by Satya, April 27, 2012